We are inviting Members of the Branch and our Community
to take part in our annual Decoration Day Ceremonies.
ALL ARE WELCOMED
June 2, 2019
This year also marks the 75th Anniversary of D-Day
Our first ceremony takes place at the Transcona Cemetery on Dugald Rd.
Time 1:30 p.m.
We honour Veterans who returned home from the various conflicts, lived their lives in Transcona and are buried here.
Crosses with poppies attached will be placed on each grave by family and friends of the Veterans.
There are some Veterans who do not have family available, we invite you to place a cross on a grave.
Our second ceremony starts at the Transcona Legion
Time 2:30 p.m.
We will march off to the Cenotaph in Memorial Park Circle
where a short ceremony and laying of Wreaths to honour our fallen.
Please see the tab/folder on our website called Parades for more information.
We are looking for a Bar Steward to join our Team!
- Applicant must be 18+ and possess the Serve it Safe Certificate
- Casual Part Time hours, approximately 1 to 3 shifts per week
- Hours are Monday to Saturday afternoon/evenings with the occasional Sunday for special functions
- Duties include but are not limited to open and closing cash procedures, inventory control and cleaning and general Club Room care. Must be physically able to lift beer cases (approx. 40 lbs)
- Serving customers in a friendly responsible manner
- Transcona resident an asset but all will be considered
- Membership to Legion not a requirement
- Please drop off resume to the Transcona Legion at 117 Regent Ave. E after 2pm
- Interview required
Cut off date: June 1, 2019